Sunday, January 16, 2011

Mike "Mad Dog" Curtis 2011



Autographed Mike Curtis Drawing


Mad Dog and I


Mad Dog signing my drawing (notice the Super Bowl ring)

Baltimore Colts Linebacker: Mike "Mad Dog" Curtis was considered the meanest player of his era. Mike was drafted by the Colts in the 1965 NFL Draft (the year I was born). In 1970 sportswriters voted Mike as the NFL Defensive player of the year. That year the Colts won Super Bowl V against the Cowboys. Mike played in four Pro Bowls, was drafted by the Seattle Sea hawks in the 1976 expansion draft, then retired in 1978 with the Washington Redskins.

In 1982, Four years after Mike's retirement, Ben Roethlisberger was born. In this drawing, Mike is sacking Ben. As a Ravens fan, nothing would be better than seeing Mike take off the head of "Big Ben". This is my version of fantasy football!

On Saturday night Ben and the Pittsburgh Steelers beat the Ravens to eliminate them from the playoffs AGAIN! On Monday night, Jan.17, I went to the Great Moments shop in Timonium for the Mad Dog signing. I told Mike that this was my version of fantasy football, and his response was, "I never played the pass, I would have never gotten to him."

2 comments:

  1. I watched Mike play and he took the head off more than one QB back then so I think he would have got a chance to blitz Ben or catch him trying to run the ball.

    Of course with the rules today Ben would have been knocked out of the game and Mike would have been fined and maybe a game suspension!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Magic, thanks for the note. youre probably right. Curtis would have been limited by the league for sure. Bards

    ReplyDelete